Happy Friday! Credit for today’s Fun Fold goes to Wendy Cranford; she calls this the Side Shutter Fold. This fold looks complicated and extra fussy, but is one of the easiest fun folds I’ve made. So much so, that I decided to make a 2nd one!
The first card uses the Eden Garden Collection. The stamp set and dies will be featured in upcoming Jan-June Mini Catalog. The paper (DSP and cotton paper) are only available until Nov 30.
- Card base backing (Soft Succulent) – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Other Soft Succulent pieces: 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ and 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Evening Evergreen card “base” – 5 1/4″ x 11″
- Basic White: 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Scrap for stamping and die cutting greeting
- Scrap of Cotton paper for smallest wreath
- Designer Series Paper:
- Two 1 1/2″ x 5: (I did not use the same patter, but you could)
- Two pieces for on top of Succulent pieces: 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ and 1 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
- Four 1″ x 1 1/2″
- Start with Evening Evergreen card base with the 5 1/4″ side at the top of the paper trimmer. Line the cardstock up at the 1 1/4″ mark on top of the trimmer. Use the ruler on the blade bar and make a cut from 1 3/4″ to the 5 1/4″ mark. Move the cardstock to the 4″ mark and make the same cut line.
- Turn the card base and lining up at the 1 3/4″ mark, score from the outer edge of the card to the first cut mark. Do not score in between the cut lines. Move the scoring blade down to 4″ line and score from that mark out to outer edge of the card.
- Add additional score lines at 3 1/2″, 5 1/4″, and 7″ – scoring up and down all the way across (the only score line not all the way through is at 1 3/4″ – the first one).
- Fold the top and bottom cuts down to make valley folds, and the center up to make a mountain. Fold at the 7″ score line over.
- Adhere card base “backing” to back of the scored card base, adhere all the layers of DSP and decorate the inside white panel and the front 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ square.
Here’s another sample using the Peaceful Place Suite of products from the July-Dec Mini Catalog.
Happy Stamping! Kelly