Happy Friday all! Today’s Fun Fold will feature the Sweet Conversations Bundle and Sweet Talk DSP in an adorable pattern called a Mini Easel card. So cute!!
This card is an A2 size card and folds flat to mail:
It has a small spot to write a message on the inside panel, and when put on display, your message will remain hidden.
- Gather your supplies: (all measurements are width x height):
- Colored Card Stock A (color should coordinate with your patterned paper / DSP):
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (base), scored on the long side at 4 1/4″
- 1 piece of same color measuring 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
- Colored Card Stock B (color also coordinates with DSP):
- 2 pieces measuring 1 1/4″ x 4″
- 1 piece 2 1/4″ x 4″
- Designer Series Paper:
- 2 @ 1″ x 3 3/4″ (pattern should be vertical going across the 1 width)
- 1 @ 2″x 3 3/4″ (pattern is vertical)
- Basic White or Vanilla:
- 1 @ 2 1/4″ x 4″
- Large stamp, die cut, embellishment for the front flap – measuring approx. UP TO 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. In my sample I used the red scallop heart from the Heart Punch Pack and the little envelope from the Sweet Heart dies.
- Stampin’ Up Trimmer – if you have another trimmer, that’s fine, you’ll just need to be able to measure and cut at the same time and the SU Trimmer is perfect because it has a ruler on the blade track.
2. Cut your card base and adhere layers:
- Turn your base cardstock with short end up to top of paper cutter/scorer and LEFT edge out to 1 1/2” cut mark; CUT from bottom up to SCORE LINE at 4 1/4″ (the center fold).
- Slide LEFT edge over to the 4” cut mark; CUT from bottom up to the SCORE LINE at 4 1/4″ (the center fold).
- You should now have two cuts, making 3 panels on the front of your card
- Fold the scored middle panel down to form your “easel”.
- Adhere both 1 1/2″ side panels (left and right) down so the only part of the card that actually “opens” is the middle panel.
- Adhere two Cardstock B layers (1 1/4″ x 4″) and two DSP layers (1″ x 3 3/4″) on the left and right side panels.
- Adhere larger DSP layer (2″x 3 3/4″) to the larger Cardstock B layer (2 1/4″ x 4″) and adhere that whole layer to only the bottom flap of your front panel. That way when your Easel is opened, the top flap of that middle panel is your “arm” of your easel.
- Stamp greeting on bottom of your white/vanilla piece and adhere that to the insider of your card (if you glued down your two sides, it’ll fit right in the inside center panel) and adhere the tiny 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ piece of Cardstock A above your greeting — this will be the easel “stopper”. See photo above.
3. Decorate your front and add a back white panel if you want more room to write!
Happy Stamping! Kelly