Hello, welcome to the Journey to Silver Elite Blog Hop! I’ve joined a group of Demonstrators that are all working to achieve the title Silver Elite, which would make us part of Stampin’ Up! leadership circle. I’m halfway to achieving this goal, and hope to be Silver Elite by next year. Until then, I’ll be doing fun activities like this. Welcome to my first Blog Hop! This month our theme is “Welcoming the New, Cherishing the Old.”
This theme challenged us to use at least one product from the new catalog, one carryover product, and a new color. I chose the Nothing’s Better Than Stamp Set and Love You More Than dies as my “oldie” and the Picture This dies as my “new product,” along with the new in-colors (cardstock, ink, and coordinating DSP).
In-Colors used are Fresh Freesia, Pale Papaya, Polished Pink, and Soft Succulent.
- Begin with a card base measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.
- Cut layer from coordinating In-Color 6×6 designer series paper measuring 5 1/4 x 4 and use the stitched rectangle die from the Picture This Dies on that layer.
- Cut layer from Basic White cardstock measuring 5 x 3 3/4.
- When stamping the front, lay the DSP layer on top of the white, but do not adhere. (You can use Washi tape on the back to keep the White layer from moving). Do all of your stamping and coloring, and then decide how you want to adhere. For the Cocktails and Coffee cards, I changed the orientation from the other two, and adhered the rectangle layer directly onto the Basic White layer. For the Chocolate and Cookies cards, I used dimensionals to pop the rectangle layer up.
- Don’t forget to stamp the inside of the card as well! See the Coffee card insert above for a sample.
Lots of options with this layout! I hope you are inspired by my projects and those of my fellow Demonstrators. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from blog to blog, or you can click below to move to the next one.
Don’t forget to leave comments because I love hearing from you. And, if you’re curious to hear what more I need to achieve this goal, please contact me!
Journey to Silver Elite Blog Hop Line-Up
|Nancy Reynolds||Stampin’ With Nutsy|
|Nedine Dupree||Craft Lounge Creations|
|Janice Piechowiak||Creating Treasures with Janice|
|Cathy Rocca||From The Stamp Studio|
|Julia Mazur||Simply She Stamps|
|Polly Crouch||Stamp with Polly|
|Tricia Butts||Tricia’s Stamping Creations|
|Tracy Byers||Cards, Craft and Stamps|
|Terri Hartley||Rustic Barn Cards|
|Theresa Tucker||Tucker Topnotch Designs|
|Sue Kremer||North Star Stamper|
|Kelly Taranto||The Late Night Stamper YOU ARE HERE!|
|Tammy Gill||Stampinkspired Click here to keep hopping!|
|Linda Moore||Moore Fun Stamping|
|Debra Norton||Stamping By The Lake|
|Jane Proffitt||Gal Friday Stamping|
|Sharon Jacobs||Stamped Inkspired Designs|
Happy Stampin! Kelly
20 thoughts on “Welcoming the New and Cherishing the Old”
These are adorable cards!
Kelly, I love your cards! I haven’t seen the Picture This dies used very often; you’ve inspired me to add them to my wish list.
Thank you Sue! They are a must-have for sure. I am loving them!
Sweet collection of cards….
we need ALL your cards as we made it to 100 in Boston today! Love your cards
100!?? Hotter than North Carolina! Thank you for the note Ginnie!
Oh, wow! I can’t wait to get my Nothing’s Better Than bundle out and trying some of these ideas. So fun!
Great cards, I love the Chocolate one.
Love these cards! Great use of that die with the Nothing’s Better set!
Thank you so much!
Soooo cute! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Janice!
Kelly, the Picture This dies are becoming my new favorite, especially when I see great projects like yours! Thanks so much for participating in the blog hop.
Thank you for being our fearless leader!! And I love these dies as well…they are so versatile!