I hope you enjoyed my blog hop last weekend. The group of Demonstrators I “hopped” with the past three months are so talented. If you haven’t already, please click through the whole Hop so you can see all the amazing projects.
You saw that my card in the Hop featured the Harvest Meadow suite, highlighting the Cork paper. This suite is so pretty, and the cork paper makes for a really special card.
Here’s another project using this beautiful set.
FREE FULL TUTORIAL!
- Nature’s Harvest Bundle
- Card Stock and DSP: Crumb Cake, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, Early Espresso, Misty Moonlight, Basic White, Harvest Meadow 12 x 12 DSP, Cork 12 x 12 Specialty Paper
- Inks: Misty Moonlight Classic Stampin’ Pad, Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill, Just Jade Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill
- Other Dies, Embellishments, and Tools: Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots, Water Painters, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots
- Crumb Cake Base: 4 ¼” x 11”, score at 5 ½”
- Harvest Meadow DSP: 3 strips measuring 1 ¼” x 5 ¼” each
- Cork Specialty Paper: 3” x 4”
- Scrap of Early Espresso, Misty Moonlight, Basic White
- Prep your watercolored pieces: Using your water painters (I used the broadest tip) wet your Fluid 100 Watercolor paper with water, only getting about 2 ½” x 5” wet. Dip your water painter into Cajun Craze ink refill and go back over the 2 ½” x 5” section of the watercolor paper to make a watercolored Cajun Craze rectangle. Clean your water painter and repeat that process using Just Jade ink refill. Set aside to dry. Once dry, cut out the wildflower silhouettes using the Harvest Dies. See photo—note: I took two pieces of watercolor paper and made a bunch of wildflowers in different colors. The Bumblebee Cone Flower negative you see in the photo was used for another card (but wanted you to see what I did). You’ll want a total of two wildflowers cut out of the watercolored paper
- Cut your other die pieces out:
- Twig – Early Espresso
- Larger label – Misty Moonlight
- Inside label – Basic White
- Stamp Thank You on inside white label
- Assemble your card:
- Fold card in half and burnish with bone folder.
- Add three strips of DSP
- Adhere Cork layer
- Adhere Early Espresso Stick and one of your wildflowers with adhesive – I used Tombow multipurpose glue
- Adhere the 2nd wildflower (in this sample it’s the Cajun Craze piece) with Mini Glue Dots
- Adhere the inside Basic White layer onto the Misty Moonlight Layer and adhere to your card front using dimensionals.
- Add Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots
Happy Stamping! Kelly