Hello stampers! Happy (snowy) Friday. Today’s post features a Fun Fold called a Matchbook Card for Fun Fold Friday.
It has been too long since I’ve posted on here and I’m excited to be back. We had a pretty minor bout of Covid hit our house January 5 — only infecting my youngest (and all he had was a sore throat for 2 days so very mild compared to what others are experiencing) but it still threw a wrench in our work/school schedule and life has been BUSY every since. Alas…finally it’s time for stamping. After anxiously awaiting snow for 24 hours (including a snow day for my boys) we finally are seeing a few flakes fall right now, and what a better way to cozy up inside than to craft!?
I’m excited that my first card back after two weeks on here is a Fun Fold because I just love these projects. Today’s Fun Fold was inspired by Dena Rekow at the Creativity Cave and Nancy Legate from Stamp-N-Nuggets. These ladies are super talented, and I have the pleasure of stamping with Nancy every Monday night where she makes a Fun Fold with us. It’s the best! Anyone can join, so be sure to check her out on Facebook.
Anyway, above is card #1 with this pattern. The top “flap” of DSP tucks into the bottom as such:
Then when you open it, the back pattern of the DSP then shows on the inside cover when you open the card all the way up:
So pretty! Brief instructions and supplies are listed below, but this card uses the Friendly Hello Bundle in the Sale-A-Bration brochure — FREE with $100 order! — and I made it specifically for my sister-in-law’s birthday who loves birds.
Here’s a 2nd card with the same Fun Fold, using the Sweet Talk DSP for Valentine’s. Also, note: the negative of the embossed heart cardstock from this card is what I used as background on the Friendly Hello Card — gotta use all your scraps! (That embossed heart is from the Bouquet of Love Hybrid Embossing Folder in the J&J Mini Catalog). So pretty!
Full disclosure, this card I made first before the Friendly Hello card and see what’s happening when you open the card up — the pattern is upside down. WHOOPS! So be sure to pick a pattern that doesn’t have directional patterns on BOTH sides or it won’t work.
Be sure to check out all of the supplies used in these cards below. There are so many amazingly beautiful products in this mini catalog and a terrific (and free!) Sale-A-Bration offering. Place your order today!
Happy Stamping! Kelly
Instructions: Note: this is a Vertical/Portrait Card
- Designer Series Paper: 1 @ 3-3/4 x 5-1/2
- Score: 7/8 on top edge of long side (pay attention to the pattern direction)
- White/Vanilla: 3-3/4 x 4-1/2
- Colored Card Stock A – to coordinate with DSP: 4-1/4 x 6-1/2 (card base)
- Score: 1″ from either side
- Colored Card Stock B – to coordinate with DSP – two pieces:
- 4 x 5-1/4
- 3/4 x 4
- Fold on the score lines of your cardstock and your DSP.
- Attach the white piece to the inside of your DSP, so the 7/8 strip of the DSP is attached to the BACK of the white piece.
- Attach your larger Cardstock B piece to your card base, centering it in the big middle 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 section, so the 1″ strip is at the bottom.
- Attach DSP/white piece on top of Cardstock B, centering 3 SIDES at top (so you have a bit more at the bottom). Make sure you’re able to “open” the DSP to revealing the white layer–you can stamp a greeting on the inside as I did above in the Friendly Hello card, or leave it blank for a message as I did in the 2nd card.
- Place strong adhesive or Tear & Tape at the lower edge of the Cardstock B OR along the TOP of the bottom flap of Cardstock A, near the fold, but not on it..
- Fold up bottom scored area to form your Matchbook Card. Add your 2nd little strip of Cardstock B measuring 3/4 x 4 and adhere on top. Note: I stamped on that little strip of cardstock on both cards.
Questions? Reach out to me anytime!
Supplies Used for Friendly Hello Card:
Supplies Used for Valentine’s Card: