This week’s Blog Posts will be centered around Sale-A-Bration, freebies from the SAB catalog, and highlighting some of the bundles that would be FREE if you signed up to join Stampin’ Up! before September 30 (truly, the best deal going right now in the stamping world! Visit this post for more info.)
The first bundle I want to highlight is the Penguin Place bundle. Usually these kind of stamps/punches don’t appeal to me, but I have been seeing the CUTEST projects with this little guy and with the Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper (free SAB item). I decided it would be fun to add to my collection and I was even able to purchase it with some extra income I had from being a Demonstrator–bonus!
Now, this is not at all the most expensive bundle on the “Free Bundle” list if you sign-up, but if you were planning on buying the others anyway and you weren’t sure you wanted to spend your own $ on it, it might be a fun this stamp set and punch for “free.”
Okay, okay, enough talking…here’s the sample:
So cute! But wait, there’s more! Here’s the inside: an “explosion” to add another element of fun to this adorable card.
Quick tutorial on how to make it:
- Cut a square of DSP 5-1/4 x 5-1/4 (small pattern, multi-direction works best)
- With the pattern you want facing up, fold square in half, turn and fold in half the other direction, then fold corner to corner on one diagonal. On that same fold, fold in the opposite direction so that you crease that diagonal fold the other way.
- You will be left with two squares that have no fold lines. Position the square on your work surface where those “blank” squares are in the top and bottom position.
- Push the triangles on the left and right inward while you close the top square to the bottom square:
- Add Tear and Tape to the top and the bottom squares. Position on the inside of your card with the top corner of your square coming down about 1/8″ from the fold (you don’t want it directly on the fold):
- Open the card while holding down the square, remove the adhesive strips and smoosh the card closed. Flip card over and repeat from the back of the card, so that your “explosion square” is adhered to the inside top and bottom.
Have fun with this fun fold–and with the Penguin Place bundle…it’s hard to not smile when you see it.
Happy stamping! Kelly